Wednesday 7 March 2012

Apologies For Absence

Things have been a bit tricky recently, not that that is much of an excuse for my failure to blog.  

I’m not used to being ill, it doesn’t come naturally and so when I am, I don’t deal with it very well.  In saying that, I haven’t been the kind of ill which incapacitates you, there were times that I wished I was, but for most of this year so far, I’ve been feeling under the weather, and generally lacking in energy and inspiration.

The cause has been a series of colds and, of course, the dreaded abscess on my gum. Several courses of antibiotics have managed to keep it at bay, but its still there, niggling under the surface.  Sometimes at night it comes out to play, jarring my teeth and making me feel like a hamster with swollen cheeks, but then by morning it goes back into hibernation.  I suppose I should be grateful for the reprieve but I feel like its dragging me down.

But of course I keep going, I have a job, a house and two children (three if you count my husband) to look after.  I don’t have time to wallow in my exhaustion.  Oh dear, I am in a bad way aren’t I? I don’t mean to depress.

So, I’m going to fill my glass half full, not leave it half empty. It’s March, the days are getting warmer, we have daylight for longer, and nature is beginning to wake. Just like in Chaucer’s prologue, only its March’s sweet showers which is bringing the world to life again, not April’s.

And, next week I have an appointment to see a dental surgeon.  I’m not looking forward to what might follow, but if it solves my problem, I promise I will be truly grateful.

On the writing front, well, I haven’t been writing much, but I have been trying to do some editing (more of which later) and I have been doing a fair amount of reading.  So, for my next blog, I feel a few reviews coming on.

I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...