Tuesday 5 November 2013

Remember, Remember

Well, this is the quietest November 5 I can remember, but perhaps that's because most people seemed to be celebrating it last weekend.  I must admit, Bonfire Night is much more furn when you can wrap up warm against the crisp autumnal air.  It's quite different sinking into squelchy mud while rain slowly seeps through your clothes - I had quite enough of that watching the boys playing football at the weekend, thank you ver much.
 
But thinking about bonfire night reminded me of something which happened years ago.
 
When my eldest was developing his reading skills, he took a fancy to history.  One day, whilst reading about the life of Guy Fawkes, he said to me, "Mummy, did you know that Guy Fawkes' step-father was a Catholic but his mother was a prostitute."
 
I only just about managed to keep a straight face before asking if he meant Protestant?
 
Out of the mouths of babes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...