Thursday 9 January 2014

Back To Normal - Whatever That May Be

It was back to work this week, or it least it was on Tuesday.  On Monday my youngest had an inset day, so it meant that by the time I did go back to work, I was already playing catch up.

It was lovely for him though, because Sunday was his birthday so the day off was like an extra present.  We took him and a few of his friends swimming and then out for a meal before they all came back to ours.  Nice, but very noisy!

The other birthday event for him will be when we go to Leeds in a few weeks to watch them play and stay over.  Hope the weather improves a bit by then!

I can't believe that he is ten years old.  He's gone from this:



To this:


How the  time has flown!  It's also ten years since we moved into this house, in some ways it seems like we have been here forever and yet I remember it  as though it was yesterday.

So what with birthdays and trying to get my head around a new job and a parents' evening, so far it has been a busy old week with precious little time for writing.  

I'm trying to find some time when I can squeeze some writing in, but its not easy is it?

Ah well, maybe when things settle down a bit.

1 comment:

  1. It's even worse when they grow up and have ten year olds of their own.... now how did that happen!

    ReplyDelete

Things They Never Said - First Week in the Big Bad World

  Well, my debut novel Things They Never Said has been out in the real world for nearly a week now and I'm pleased to say that it seems ...